Move to Irungattukottai

  • Sholavaram had been in use from 1952 till 1989
  • Track was damaged due to tank testing and misuse by locals
  • Lease not extended to MMSC
  • 200 acres bought in Irungattukottai near Sriperambudur
  • Gherzi Eastern were appointed the consultants
  • Larsen & Turbo were the builders
  • Gopal Madhavan was given the responsibility of building the new track
  • Foundation stone laid by Margaret Alva, then Minister for Sports,
  • Youth Affiars, Women and Child Development on June 3, 1988
  • Ready for the races in 1990
  • FIA & FIM certified circuit
  • Permanent motor racing circuit
  • Fully resurfaced in 2017
  • Vehicles allowed for races include bikes of all categories and cars upto Formula 3.

Irungattukottai Track Stats

  • Length full track: 3.71 kms (12 curves / turns)
  • Short (club) track: 2.1 kms (7 curves / turns)
  • Width: 11 metres, 16 metres at start line
  • Direction: Clockwise
  • First race: 1990

Circuit Executives

Mr. Philip George
Manager Operations

Mr. Fritto John
Manager Sporting