- First rally organized by MMSC.
- Rajkumar of Pithapuram (President).
- TSD Rally to Mahabalipuram via chinglepet.
- Indu Chandhok wins in Mayflower car.
- South India 800 Rally was run.
- First Day & Nite Rally for over 24 hours
- Route : Madras – Bangalore – Mysore – Ooty – Coimbatore – Dindigul –
- Trichy – Madras
- Total 800 miles
- 42 cars from many cities participated
- General Thimmiah in his Mercedes, Govind Swaminathan co-driver and N. Muthuanna as navigator took part
- South India Rally started.
- But for a small break, we still run it!!!
- 1st All India Race Meet held in Sholavaram on 17th February.
- First event with participants in 2 and 4 wheelers from entire India & Ceylon.
- India’s first official international motor sports event.
- The Great All India Highway Motor Rally
- First “All India” Car Rally
- Sponsored by Indianoil
- 7000km long, based on the Monte Carlo Rally
- Part of the silver jubliee celebrations of India’s independence
- Record 120 entries
- started simultaneously from Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai
- For the first time, big prize money was offered